QA laptop at FOSDEM

Hello,

Florian Reisinger has no use anymore for the TDF QA laptop. The battery was broken as well, and I'm now waiting for the repair to ship to my place.

Before I just put it in the office and wait for some sensible use - is there anyone who can make use of a

  Acer TravelMate P253-E-B9604G50Mnks 39,6 cm (15,6 Zoll non Glare) Notebook (Intel Pentium B960, 2,2GHz, 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD, Intel HD, DVD, without operating system)

preferably for QA reasons, as it was paid for by this budget? Note the device has a German (QWERTZ) keyboard layout.

I am not sure if it arrives in time, but if so, I could try handing it over at FOSDEM. It will stay TDF-owned, but can be borrowed to anyone who can make a good use of it for TDF purposes.

Florian

Florian. . . .
I think you might be surprised on how low priced 3rd party batteries can be for laptops. I have bought replacement batteries for an HP laptop and a Dell laptop. For the Dell, I was able to get a 9-cell battery for half the price [plus warranty] than what the OEM 6-cell battery would have cost me.

Hopefully you find a good "home"/user for it.

Hi Tim,

Florian. . . .
I think you might be surprised on how low priced 3rd party batteries can
be for laptops. I have bought replacement batteries for an HP laptop
and a Dell laptop. For the Dell, I was able to get a 9-cell battery for
half the price [plus warranty] than what the OEM 6-cell battery would
have cost me.

Hopefully you find a good "home"/user for it.

the exchange wasn't that expensive, around 60 € - which seems to be rather cheap compared to other offers on the net. :slight_smile:

Florian