2013 annual report follow up

Hi all,

The Annual Report has been translated into English, thanks to Sigrid,
Rui, Hazel and Thorsten. It has been proof read but not by English
native speakers (Robinson proof reads the 1st chapter however and thanks
to him).
The document is now available on the wiki for marketing and NLC projects
as a hybrid PDF.
It would be great now, that:
- a native English speaker check the English version for grammar and typos,
- NLPs translate it in their language as a resource for their project on
the foundation work and structure explanation,
- the marketing project made a nice brochure out of it that could be
used as an introduction to the Foundation.

For NLP translation, please follow up on the l10n list.
For marketing I've created a task here
https://redmine.documentfoundation.org/issues/696

The document can be found here:
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/File:AnnualReportEN.pdf

Please also, don't forget to feed the pad for the next 2014 report,
Florian really needs your information:
http://pad.documentfoundation.org/p/annualreport

Thanks a lot in advance for your participation. Let me know if you have
any questions.
Cheers
Sophie

Hi Sophie,

Thanks all!

It would be great now, that:
- a native English speaker check the English version for grammar and typos,

It's good that the document is not "all native". Nothing wrong of course
with decent use of English, as long as it doesn't become too complicated.

- NLPs translate it in their language as a resource for their project on
the foundation work and structure explanation,

We'll see who can pick that up for Dutch..

- the marketing project made a nice brochure out of it that could be
used as an introduction to the Foundation.

Useful to have. Not many people will read in all detail, but the
overview and availability of all info is great.

The document can be found here:
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/File:AnnualReportEN.pdf

Idea for naming: "TDF_2013_AnnualReportEN.pdf"

Ciao,

Hello,

The Annual Report has been translated into English, thanks to Sigrid,
Rui, Hazel and Thorsten. It has been proof read but not by English
native speakers (Robinson proof reads the 1st chapter however and thanks
to him).

thank you so much, everyone, for your great work on this, this is really fantastic and much appreciated! I know working through the text is quite tedious (so was writing it, rest assured :slight_smile: and even more glad I am it worked out.

Please also, don't forget to feed the pad for the next 2014 report,
Florian really needs your information:
http://pad.documentfoundation.org/p/annualreport

Indeed, we should start collecting material right now, to have the writing and translating a bit more relaxed for the next year.

Thanks a lot, everyone, you rock!

Florian