AskBot merge questions

Hello,

good news, everyone! :slight_smile: I just received an e-mail from Evgeny, whom we have contracted for AskBot improvements, and it's now possible to merge questions.

Here's what he writes:

===
"on questions there is a button "merge"
when it's clicked, a modal menu opens where you
enter question id,

this loads preview of the target question
once confirmed, merge occurs.

Question bodies are spliced,
also answers are spliced if one answer per user is allowed.

This means that it will be required to edit the question body and
possibly some answers. This editing is not part of the merging workflow
and the admin will have to do this separately."

Let me know if this works and if you have questions.

Thanks, and thanks especially to Evgeny!
Florian

Hello,

good news, everyone! :slight_smile: I just received an e-mail from Evgeny, whom we
have contracted for AskBot improvements, and it's now possible to merge
questions.

a quick update:

==
"When you merge questions, please remember that you
have to edit at least the question post as the two are simply concatenated.

There is also update for the moderation, with three modes,
including premoderation - i.e. all posts held until you make decision."

Florian

Hi,