[ANN] LibreOffice 4.0.0 ALPHA1 test builds available

Hi *,

for the upcoming new version 4.0.0, the first public ALPHA1 builds now
start to be available on pre-releases. This build is intended for alpha
and beta testers and will not be available on the mirrors or linked from
our web-site. As for the steps towards the 4.0.0 release, please refer
to our release plan timings here:

http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/ReleasePlan#4.0_release

Builds are now being uploaded to a public (but non-mirrored - so don't
spread news too widely!) place, as soon as they're available. Grab
them here:

http://dev-builds.libreoffice.org/pre-releases/

If you've a bit of time, please give them a try & report bugs not yet in
bugzilla. The first beta release is planned for after the feature freeze
that will happen on 3rd of December 2012.

Thanks a lot for your help,

Fridrich

Fridrich Strba schrieb:

If you've a bit of time, please give them a try & report bugs not yet in
bugzilla.

Hi all,

I really would like to learn what the reason of that instruction might be. I can't see any advantage of discussing problems in various lists instead of reporting them in Bugzilla, what's the first place where 99% of interested users will check whether his problem already is known?

I recommend to drop that instruction or to replace it by a more detailed one like
- for installation problems please
- for localization problems please
- for Help problems please wait, Help will be finished ...
and so on.

Best regards

Rainer

Hi,

Fridrich Strba schrieb:

>If you've a bit of time, please give them a try & report bugs not yet in
>bugzilla.

I really would like to learn what the reason of that instruction
might be. I can't see any advantage of discussing problems in
various lists instead of reporting them in Bugzilla, what's the

huh?

report bugs (which are) not yet in bugzilla != not report bugs yet in bugzilla

what is bad in reportiing unreported bugs? :slight_smile:

first place where 99% of interested users will check whether his
problem already is known?

But that is wrong per se, DAUs will just google or look in some forum...

Regards,

Rene

Rene Engelhard schrieb:

report bugs (which are) not yet in bugzilla != not report bugs yet in bugzilla

He Rene,

thx, it seems I read that with a wrong "accentuation" every time so that I got the wrong conclusion that we should wait with reports :-/

Best regards

Rainer