Last Hackfest infos

Hello,

just one more day, and we'll all meet for the Hackfest in Munich - looking forward to that!

I will arrive in Munich already very early (about 08:30), since I need to coordinate and organize a few things. In the afternoon, there will be a press reception by the Board of Directors, to inform about recent developments, and then, I expect the first Hackfest participants to slowly arrive. For your convenience, here's the address again where we meet:

  Project LiMux
  Sonnenstraße 25, 7th floor
  80331 Munich

From Hauptbahnhof (main station) take the U1/U2 to Sendlinger Tor or the U4/U5 to Stachus (Karlsplatz). Follow the Sonnenstraße until you see the green sign of the Goethe Institut. Enter the passage. The entry is on the right-hand side.

In case you have no hotel yet, there are two offers:

- We can get one or two people into Café Netzwerk, given you provide a sleeping bag and a mattress. Café Netzwerk is a 15 minutes walk to the Hackfest venue, has free WiFi but unfortunately no showers. :slight_smile:

- There's also a bed and breakfast offer in Unterhaching, probably around 30 minutes by public transportation from the venue.

In case you're interested in either of these, please ping me directly *offlist*, since I don't follow all lists. Be reminded that the sleeping offer is only valid during the Hackfest, Friday to Sunday.

Unfortunately, I will be in Austria Saturday during the day, for representing LibreOffice at "LinuxDay Dornbirn", but I will return in the evening and join you. Although I won't sleep in Munich (I live 100 km outside), feel free to poke me for any questions and assistance you need, I'm happy to help, and you can find my mobile number in the signature. Please also bookmark http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Hackfest/Munich2012 for handy information.

Looking forward to meeting you tomorrow, have a safe trip and bring good weather :slight_smile:
Florian

Florian Effenberger wrote:

just one more day, and we'll all meet for the Hackfest in Munich -
looking forward to that!

And I!

Beyond that, we thought it might be a nice group experience to have
a little keysigning party on Saturday morning.

What's a key-signing party?

A key-signing party is a get-together with GPG/PGP users for the
purpose of meeting other PGP users and signing each other's keys.
This helps to extend the "web of trust" to a great degree. Also, it
sometimes serves as a forum to discuss strong cryptography and
related issues.

Given the short time for this announcement, it will be rather
informal, i.e. no prior collection of keys etc. If you want to
participate, required items are:

        1. Physical attendance
        2. Positive picture ID (some people may want to see two:
           e.g. your driver's license on top)
        3. Your key ID, key type, HEX fingerprint, and key size
           (http://dev.man-online.org/man1/gpg-key2ps/ is a useful
            tool to generate those key slips)
        4. A pen/pencil or whatever you'd like to write with....
        5. NO computer

Why should I use encryption?

You should use encryption, if you need (or want) to protect your
personal emails from being read by individuals or entities other
than your intended recipient(s). Encryption, when used correctly,
can provide message privacy, message integrity, message
authentication, and to some degree non-repudibility.

Save travel to everyone, take care & see you tomorrow!

-- Thorsten