[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [libreoffice-projects] [ANN] Please use Gerrit from now on for Patch Review
- Subject: Re: [libreoffice-projects] [ANN] Please use Gerrit from now on for Patch Review
- From: Petr Mladek <email@example.com>
- Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2012 11:13:45 +0200
- To: Bjoern Michaelsen <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Cc: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Bjoern Michaelsen píše v Po 18. 06. 2012 v 12:09 +0200:
> Hi all,
> gerrit is documented and ready to go.
Ah, there are several strange and long commands.
Also I miss the cooperation with the mailing list. I remember that the
main request was that mailing list will stay the main communication
point between developers. All patches that need review must be mentioned
It means that gerrit should be able to detect patches for review on the
mailing list, integrate them, and make them ready for review.
My expectation would be that it sends a replay to the mailing list with
a link to diff, link to build results and commands to approve it.
Similar mail should be send for patches that were directly pushed into
gerrit for review. Of course, it must not send mail for every single
patch but just for patches where the developer explicitly asks for
review, so the numbers of mails on the mailing list stays the same.
> Please use it for code review as much as possible now as it simplifies
> things a lot over manual patch fiddling on mailing lists. I will
> update the EasyHacks to point to gerrit instead in the next days.
IMHO, we first need to conclude that gerrit is in usable state.
> The last remaining step will be making the repo at gerrit the reference (and
> the one at freedesktop a read-only mirror). I assume that to be prepared and
> done until mid-July(*).
PS: To make it clear. I am neutral about gerrit. I see some advantages
and also some risks. In each case, we must make Caolan, Kendy, Michael,
Stefan, Eike, Miklos, and all other very active patch reviewers happy
with it. I am excited when I look at the current mailing list and see so
many patches reviewed a pushed within one or two days. It helps to make
contributors active. It helps me a lot to do the tag in time. We must
not break this flow!
Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to email@example.com
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/projects/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
|[libreoffice-projects] [ANN] Please use Gerrit from now on for Patch Review||Bjoern Michaelsen <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
- Prev by Date: [libreoffice-projects] [ANN] Please use Gerrit from now on for Patch Review
- Next by Date: [libreoffice-projects] New Bugzilla Version Picker Contents
- Previous by thread: [libreoffice-projects] [ANN] Please use Gerrit from now on for Patch Review
- Next by thread: [libreoffice-projects] Re: [ANN] Please use Gerrit from now on for Patch Review