[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[libreoffice-projects] [Proposal] A central employment-office-like web structure for TDF/LibO volunteers
- Subject: [libreoffice-projects] [Proposal] A central employment-office-like web structure for TDF/LibO volunteers
- From: Gianluca Turconi <email@example.com>
- Date: Sun, 15 May 2011 12:27:13 +0200
- To: TDF-en-projects <firstname.lastname@example.org>
here it is an idea of mine I've started to discuss with Sophie:
It's still in a very raw and theoretical form and it likely has to be refined a lot.
The main purpose of such a proposal is to increase efficiency in managing help requests and contributions, both casual and core ones.
While I was thinking about it a little more, I've already found 3 more critical points:
1) appreciation of the proposal by and its utility for developers. They already have bugzilla;
2) manageability of such a system by the maintainers and contributors of the projects. They have, like everybody else, few free time and the addition of another "system" and its maintenance may reduce that available time. A huge automation of the system is absolutely needed;
3) native languages projects/tasks may create barriers in a management system of this kind without the key effort of few local coordinators, usually the same maintainers and core contributors of the NL projects who are already overloaded with work.
My main concern, even before the technical implementation of this proposal, it's not to create more and unwanted overload for the *current* contributors.
Again, any comment about the proposal and its possible implementation is welcome.
Lettura gratuita o acquisto di libri e racconti di fantascienza,
fantasy, horror, noir, narrativa fantastica e tradizionale:
Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to email@example.com
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/www/projects/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
|Re: [libreoffice-projects] [Proposal] A central employment-office-like web structure for TDF/LibO volunteers||Sophie Gautier <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
- Prev by Date: Re: [libreoffice-projects] Re: Donation website - how to name it ?
- Next by Date: Re: [libreoffice-projects] [Proposal] A central employment-office-like web structure for TDF/LibO volunteers
- Previous by thread: [libreoffice-projects] LibreOffice 3.4 Release Notes
- Next by thread: Re: [libreoffice-projects] [Proposal] A central employment-office-like web structure for TDF/LibO volunteers