Hello K-J,

Le 28.10.2014 21:25, K-J LibreOffice a écrit :
Hi Charles, *,
Am 24.09.2014 um 14:29 schrieb Charles-H. Schulz:
[...]
Thanks for your feedback and everybody's feedback. I now ask everyone
here to refrain from posting on this list for a month (until the 24th of
October) and only use RedMine.
For the sake of experiment, people can use the RedMine wiki as well, for
the same period. We'll reconvene here after that date and evaluate our
experiences.

As the 24th is over, do we have a result for the Marketing team?

The Design team will probably close his Redmine experiment at all [1].
The VI-marketing design part can leave to Marketing Redmine (if it is
possible), the Wiki and the Forum of Redmine-Design will be closed.
As I do some VI-marketing design and as I think that Redmine is a good
instrument for that work, I hope you will give my project "asylum".

[1] http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/design/msg06763.html

hum... Several things here, let me take them on in a more logical order:

1) What is VI-Marketing? :-) We're happy to "offer asylum" if it is marketing related of course.

2) I read in the link several points that must be commented or amended. Yes there is a strongly voiced opinion by the infra team that the RedMine wiki is not to be used at all; forums are a bit different, they do raise some real questions in the case of an existing mailing list (more on that below). However RedMine and its issues/tickets is not to be closed at all. I don't know where that is even written, but this is gross misunderstanding and perfectly inaccurate. RedMine is intensively used for task and issue management NOT DIRECTLY RELATED TO CODE. In other words, when these are not software bugs or l10n patches, they all go to RedMine. It is not my decision or opinion, it is the infra team itself. I thought it was useful to restate all these details to clear any misunderstanding. Unless of course you received an email from the board I never received ;-)

3) Feedback on the marketing experiment with RedMine. A lot of people are uncomfortable with using RedMine as a replacement for the mailing list, but task management is felt to be more effective through RedMine. The wiki is not to be migrated at all anyway. This leaves us not so much with a status quo but an increased use of RedMine for tasks. The public marketing list will remain open and active. Let me stress however that the mailing list discussion must always be directly based on an ongoing task. Any general talks or rant about the state of the IT and why LibreOffice has not yet adopted a Ribbon interface should take place on 1) the discuss list 2) social networks like G+ 3) /dev/null

I hope it answered some of your questions,

Charles.