Hi everyone,

Le 2014-09-17 14:01, Robinson Tryon a écrit :
2. New Wiki

>I am personally not entirely sold on this one, but we are in a situation
>where the marketing wiki pages are quite numerous, yet completely chaotic,
>and often outdated. We can think about cleaning these wiki pages, but given
>their amount we may consider to start a fresh with a new wiki. I'm not
>suggesting that we open twenty new wiki pages on RedMine tomorrow, but that
>we use it for a month if we need it.
One of the benefits of having a single wiki is the ability to easily
cross-link between teams, etc. Plus we do have a ton of content up
there, including event pages stretching back multiple years. If the
Marketing pages on the TDF wiki are hopelessly unusable, we can always
move them all under "/Marketing-old/" and start from a blank slate,
but I'd expect that some heavy editing might be more productive?

As I am the one who created many of the wiki marketing pages, could I try to clean it up and make it more useful? It needs a lot of cleaning up and updating and I am still quite knowledgeable of the information on the marketing wiki pages. There is a lot of cool stuff and I personally think that we may fall into the trap of "re-inventing" many of the past items where we had spent a lot of energy/discussion building ideas. Many of them just need implementation and are still valid today.

One such good example that is quite simple but still cool is the LibreOffice paper airplane project that the marketing/design team created ... it was used at some initial conferences a couple of years ago, but was still fun and would still work today with updating the information on the plane template.

We also built up some ideas on LibreOffice use in education and, again, some of the projects may be valid still today ... they just need implementation.

I could clean up the marketing section and then we could then have a close look and decide whether to close and re-boot it.

I am also concerned of some of the design work that we also did that still has not been properly catalogued, we should avoid re-inventing something that has already been done and would need just a little tweaking to update.

Cheers,

Marc

--
Marc Paré