On Wed, Sep 17, 2014 at 9:47 AM, Charles-H. Schulz
<charles.schulz@documentfoundation.org> wrote:
1. Public Marketing List ShutDown
The marketing list carries little of our current workflow; in fact, most of
it has gone to the RedMine issue tracker already. On top of this, the
marketing list is not read by most of the people concerned by marketing
activities, namely the native-lang projects worldwide. PR coordination
happens on the private list and to a lesser extent on IRC for meetings. The
marketing list, just like any list, requires administration work, i.e.
moderation. There's a lot of spam arriving, usually in waves, and it
requires the approval or refusal of incoming mails (spam, unsubscribed
posters, etc.)

How public is the marketing project in Redmine?  Right now people can
easily join or review what's going on in marketing by subscribing to
or looking in the marketing archives. Would the same public nature
carry-over into Redmine?

anything else, such as
discussions, would happen on the discuss list and for cross-project
awareness on the project mailing list.

So let's say someone want to discuss marketing strategies in schools.
Would that go to the tdf-discuss list, or?

2. New Wiki

I am personally not entirely sold on this one, but we are in a situation
where the marketing wiki pages are quite numerous, yet completely chaotic,
and often outdated. We can think about cleaning these wiki pages, but given
their amount we may consider to start a fresh with a new wiki. I'm not
suggesting that we open twenty new wiki pages on RedMine tomorrow, but that
we use it for a month if we need it.

One of the benefits of having a single wiki is the ability to easily
cross-link between teams, etc. Plus we do have a ton of content up
there, including event pages stretching back multiple years. If the
Marketing pages on the TDF wiki are hopelessly unusable, we can always
move them all under "/Marketing-old/" and start from a blank slate,
but I'd expect that some heavy editing might be more productive?

** Expected results:

- increased efficiency
- less maintenance (for us, not necessarily for the infra team ;-)  )
- increased clarity in terms of resources, contacts, etc.

Could you explain a bit more what you mean re: resources/contacts?

- task-based workflow (partially achieved already)

A big +1 to a task-based workflow. I've been experimenting with
redmine a bit myself, and I think that it has some potential for
anything that's specifically encapsulated as a TODO item. I'm a bit
more cautious about using it in lieu of existing infra for other
purposes.

Cheers,
--R

--