[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[libreoffice-marketing] Draft Conference PR
- Subject: [libreoffice-marketing] Draft Conference PR
- From: Florian Effenberger <email@example.com>
- Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2012 18:53:52 +0200
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
I am unfortunately in a rush already, travelling through Germany for TDF and LibreOffice, so this comes in rather late. I plan to send it out within the next hours if there are no objections, the latest then by tomorrow. So, feedback is welcome! ;)
LibreOffice Conference supported by the German Federal Ministries of the Interior and of Economics and Technology
Three days in Berlin focused on LibreOffice, open standards and interoperability
Call for papers is open until 15th August
Berlin, 20th June 2012. Today the LibreOffice project announces details of the LibreOffice Conference, taking place in Berlin from 17th-19th October. "Open standards, interoperability and free software are becoming more and more important in the political and public discourse, and will play a central role in this year's conference program," says Jacqueline Rahemipour, from the organizing association Freies Office Deutschland e.V. and member of the organizing committee.
In addition, the project announced that the Call for Papers is immediately open until 15th August. Users and developers are invited to submit papers fitting one of the topics listed below. The submissions will then be reviewed by a committee, and the final program will be made available in early September. Topics for this year are:
- Open Document Format (ODF) Plugfest
- LibreOffice - Development and future: Technology, API, Extensions
- Community-Track: Localization, Documentation, etc.
- Best Practice und Migration: Certification and Support
"The decision to hold this years conference in Berlin was made by an overwhelming majority of the community. Following the founding of The Document Foundation in February, we are proud to also have the LibreOffice Conference come to Berlin. This is a major event, not only for those involved in the project, but also for the everyone interested in the use of free office software and open standards", explains Florian Effenberger, Chairman of the Board at The Document Foundation.
Further details regarding the Call for Papers can be found on the Conference website.
LibreOffice Conference: http://conference.libreoffice.org
Freies Office Deutschland e.V.: http://www.frodev.org
The Document Foundation: http://www.documentfoundation.org
The Document Foundation
Phone: +49 8341 99660880
Mobile: +49 151 14424108
Freies Office Deutschland e.V.
Florian Effenberger, Chairman of the Board
Tel: +49 8341 99660880 | Mobile: +49 151 14424108
The Document Foundation, Zimmerstr. 69, 10117 Berlin, Germany
Rechtsfähige Stiftung des bürgerlichen Rechts
Legal details: http://www.documentfoundation.org/imprint
Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to email@example.com
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/marketing/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
|[libreoffice-marketing] Re: Draft Conference PR||Marc Paré <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
- Prev by Date: [libreoffice-marketing] Re: using Zotero for references useful in marketing (was Re: Article about Visio and PPTX import filters in Linux Pro Magazine)
- Next by Date: Re: [libreoffice-marketing] LibreOffice Seminars in Thessaloniki
- Previous by thread: [libreoffice-marketing] LibreOffice international site maintainers
- Next by thread: [libreoffice-marketing] Re: Draft Conference PR