[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [libreoffice-marketing] Building a network of marketeers
- Subject: Re: [libreoffice-marketing] Building a network of marketeers
- From: Kostas Mousafiris <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2011 14:04:52 +0300
- To: email@example.com
Στις 16/08/2011 12:46 μμ, ο/η Florian Effenberger έγραψε:
> firstname.lastname@example.org wrote on 2011-08-16 02:51:
>> In practical terms, require all who wish to contribute are fluent in
>> seems rather elitist. I'm not ashamed to admit that my English is
>> awful when
>> you need to talk. But I am reassured when I need to read or translate
>> any text
>> in English or even write. Here in Brazil we have several people with
>> in English, which can be "filters". I trust these people!! And I
>> think it's
>> past time to treat Brazil as a trouble spot. Things have worked very
>> I agree with Florian when he says that leave this decision to the local
>> community and would like to apply for this job I've always done since
>> days of OpenOffice.org.
> let me make it a bit clear.
> I consider it *crucial* that at least one of each local representative
> speak English fluently. If we have only local representatives not
> capable of speaking English, communicating with these groups will be a
> real problem. So, at least one fluent English speaker per group to me
> is really *mandatory*.
> She or he can, of course, then act for the others as "gatway".
> In a nutshell: From the project's side of view, I would require one
> English speaking contact, and would leave the rest up to the local
> Does that sound like a senseful compromise?
To me it sounds about the most reasonable and sensible thing to do!
Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to email@example.com
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/marketing/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
- Prev by Date: Re: [libreoffice-marketing] Building a network of marketeers
- Next by Date: Re: [libreoffice-marketing] Building a network of marketeers
- Previous by thread: Re: [libreoffice-marketing] Building a network of marketeers
- Next by thread: Re: [libreoffice-marketing] Building a network of marketeers