[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[libreoffice-marketing] MS office cost - got an ad
- Subject: [libreoffice-marketing] MS office cost - got an ad
- From: webmaster for Kracked Press Productions <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Wed, 18 May 2011 11:58:15 -0400
- To: email@example.com
I just got an ad for buying MS Office. I wish I could get them to stop sending me stuff.
MS is running a special for Home and Student version of 2010. Their normal pricing is $149.99
So when you talk to people about LibreOffice, you can say that MS's low end office suite, for personal and not business use, cost about $150 online. Then you can tell then how free LibreOffice is and can be used for personal, school, business, government, etc., etc., use.
Giving people an actual price difference between your product and the competition is a valid marketing idea. They can see that they need 3 or 4 units costing $150 [or more] per unit more than your product. $450 to $600 in saving gives them a number to look at, not just stating it will save them money.
Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/www/marketing/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
- Prev by Date: Re: [libreoffice-marketing] Updated (EN) tri-fold brochure
- Next by Date: [libreoffice-marketing] Re: Marketing Team Newsletter"and Blog
- Previous by thread: [libreoffice-marketing] LibreOffice t-shirts
- Next by thread: [libreoffice-marketing] Re: [Libreoffice] LibreOffice 3.4 Release Notes