[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[libreoffice-marketing] Drafting Conference 2012 Call for Locations
- Subject: [libreoffice-marketing] Drafting Conference 2012 Call for Locations
- From: Florian Effenberger <email@example.com>
- Date: Mon, 09 May 2011 14:24:58 +0200
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
during the last Steering Committee call, we agreed that at the same time or shortly after announcing the Conference 2011 Call for Papers, we should also issue a public Call for Location for the even next year.
Quoting from http://conference.libreoffice.org/pr/: "The location for the LibreOffice Conference in 2012 will be decided by the Community in an open Call for Locations process, details about which will be announced soon."
Anyone wants to start a draft? We should also discuss this during tomorrow's marketing conference call, so I'll add it to the agenda.
We should embed some information in this, the latest CfLs for the OOoCon that John and I drafted might be helfpul. We tried to make clear this is a community event, where some active community on the location is needed, and what is required on infrastructure, how much work it means etc. - and we should do so for the LibreOffice conference as well. This definitely helps to avoid proposals like we received a few years ago, where some commercial event organizers wanted to host the conference, without any connection to the community, or where someone wanted to do this on his own as one-man-show.
Florian Effenberger <email@example.com>
Steering Committee and Founding Member of The Document Foundation
Tel: +49 8341 99660880 | Mobile: +49 151 14424108
Skype: floeff | Twitter/Identi.ca: @floeff
Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/www/marketing/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
|[libreoffice-marketing] Office Training Mailer||dhiren jani <email@example.com>|
- Prev by Date: Re: [libreoffice-marketing] Re: Documentation Team has a blog
- Next by Date: [libreoffice-marketing] Office Training Mailer
- Previous by thread: [libreoffice-marketing] Documentation Team has a blog
- Next by thread: [libreoffice-marketing] Office Training Mailer