[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [libreoffice-marketing] Abbreviation for LibreOffice?
- Subject: Re: [libreoffice-marketing] Abbreviation for LibreOffice?
- From: Christian Lohmaier <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Sat, 7 May 2011 23:44:17 +0200
- To: email@example.com
On Sat, May 7, 2011 at 11:39 PM, Jean Hollis Weber <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> Do we have a preferred abbreviation for LibreOffice? LibO, LO, or
> something else? I see the installation filenames use LibO.
There's a slight preference towards LibO in semi-official stuff, but
on IRC LO is used as well
> I recall a vigorous discussion on this topic last year, but I haven't
> been paying close attention since then.
LO might be spoken as "low" or 'ello, where LibO is still somewhat unique...
So in Documentation or on the websites in general, I'd use LibO or the
But LO definitely is also OK for mailinglists, IRC, forums,....
But those are not written rules, rather more my personal view /
perception of this question.
Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to email@example.com
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/www/marketing/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
|Re: [libreoffice-marketing] Abbreviation for LibreOffice?||Bernhard Dippold <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
|[libreoffice-marketing] Abbreviation for LibreOffice?||Jean Hollis Weber <email@example.com>|
- Prev by Date: [libreoffice-marketing] Abbreviation for LibreOffice?
- Next by Date: Re: [libreoffice-marketing] PR translations
- Previous by thread: [libreoffice-marketing] Abbreviation for LibreOffice?
- Next by thread: Re: [libreoffice-marketing] Abbreviation for LibreOffice?