2011/4/23 Italo Vignoli <italo.vignoli@gmail.com>

<cut>

You have probably received a message from Olivier Hallot, explaining the
situation with further details.

The brand BROffice is owned by an individual, and we must switch to
LibreOffice now, without any goodwill transfer, for reasons that are
probably difficult to understand but cannot be discussed. The owner does
allow to use the BROffice brand any more.

Of course we know that the transition is going to be difficult, and that
there are challenges which are difficult to overcome. This is the main
challenge of volunteers: going against the unknown, or against all odds. It
is an unvaluable lesson for every individual, because it helps to understand
the value of working together against the selfishness of fighting against
each other.

Ooooops! It's really necessary to clarify this point, once for all...
Olivier can say what he wants as an individual, but not in
the community's name. I do not want to expose the community's disagreements,
but the real reasons why we decided switch to LibreOffice are below, and
Olivier did not take part on the decision, unfortunately.

1 - The* *brand BrOffice was too warn because of the fightings inside the
NGO BrOffice.org. The community has no problem in accepting the brand
BrOffice, which belongs to a person we really trust, Claudio F. Filho. But
the fact is BrOffice has accomplished its mission and it isn't necessary at
all, and Claudio agrees with that.
2 - Once TDF and LibreOffice were created, there are no reason to maintain
the brand BrOffice, because we no longer have property issues. So, we
decided to switch in order to became alligned with the international
project.
3 - The brand BrOffice still causes a lot of misunderstanding in Brazilian
users. A lot of people just can't understand why there are LibreOffice,
OpenOffice and BrOffice. So, we are taking one of the variables out of the
problem.

<cut>

Best regards, Italo

--