Riemer Thalen wrote:
Dropping the name BrOffice without a thorough three year goodwill transfer
would almost certainly be the most catastrophical decision ever made by the
BrOffice community... Please, think it over.

The Brazilian community is very aware of the strength of its brand, to
the point that they never thought about reverting the name to
"OpenOffice.org" even when the legal issues that had led to the name
"BrOffice.org" (basically, someone had registered the OpenOffice.org
trademark in Brazil) were over.

So if they now decided to abandon the BrOffice brand in favor of the
LibreOffice brand, I'm totally sure they have very carefully evaluated
all consequences and have a detailed plan and a precise marketing
strategy for it: what can seem disrupting will prove not to be so.

I see now that Italo has just answered in detail, so I'll stop here.

Regards,
  Andrea.