Hello fellow LibreOffice enthusiasts,
I just want to draw to everyone's attention the latest Document Foundation blog.

Insights from the InstallFest 2024 conference in Prague - The Document Foundation Blog

|   |    |

|   |
Insights from the InstallFest 2024 conference in Prague - The Document Foundation Blog

Our Czech community reports back from a recent event… For the third time, the LibreOffice project
had its own booth at InstallFest 2024, and here we present our experiences from the event. On the
weekend of 16th and 17th March 2024, the InstallFest 2
  |   |

Please pay attention to the below segment from the LibreOffice installfest2024.
"While some prefer the traditional toolbar layout, others prefer a Microsoft Office‑like look and
feel – either for personal taste or for ease of transition from Microsoft Office. LibreOffice
allows you to use different interfaces, but this option is hidden in the menus. Visitors would
appreciate if, when LibreOffice is first launched, a wizard were displayed to guide the newcomer
through the various setup and customisation options, including user interface selection."

This is something that needs to happen to help our end users and empower them to use LibreOffice in
a way that suits their needs. There are numerous tickets requesting these features and arguably
some people are acting as "gatekeepers" to prevent this suggestion on ideological grounds. Let's
listen to our users and get this finally done. There is now a first time information screen that
could be used for this purpose.
With best regards,
John