Hi folks

Ok so it seems that one of my long-standing bugbears has actually been fixed - the one where LO keeps changing the language of the text regardless of the default document language or what you just set the page/paragraph to :D

I'm pondering filing another bug though for two reasons but I was wondering what you thought. 1) The wording. "Ignore system input language" makes sense to a dev no doubt but I really don't think our target users would get that. Giving there are oodles of space in that window, I think this could be expanded a little, for example to "Ignore system input language (prevents your keyboard settings from affecting the language settings of text)" 2) Should this not be selected by default, rather than having to tick it? The user cases that spring to mind are mainly two: a) Monolingual user using LO in the same languages as their hardware keyboard, their OS and LO UI language. Why would they need the input language to control the text language? b) Multilingual user with a more complex mix of hardware, OS and LO language. Why would they want LO to drive them insane by default? If a French/English bilingual on a French hardware setup writes in English , then why would they want the fact that their keyboard is French to override their selection for the text?

It's great of course to have this to switch off/on but I could probably be tweaked. I also admit to not having such a French/English setup (mine is a lot more complicated) so I'm not sure how that actually pans out.

Michael