Hi Martin,

In general I agree with the need for clarity in the UI but I think on this occasion, I don't think this is a LO issue. Once past File > Save (As), I think the UI passes to the operating system. I opened mine (Win 10) and spotted a truncation in the "Save a file of this type" string so I figured I'd fix it but it's not part of LibreOffice at all but Windows 10.

So I suspect to fix this, you'd have to look at getting the Linux UI tweaked.

But better wait for someone else to chip in, this is just a suspicion, I might have missed something.

Michael

Sgrìobh Martin Schneeweis na leanas 31/12/2015 aig 15:59:
Hi,

today I read an interesting article (1) about very specific problems of
school children (project Reglue - Ken Starks).

Ken Starks suggested a little tweak in the "Save As" dialog and I
thought - well - that should be easy enough.

Please is there anyone who can answer the following questions:

1. US-english seems to be the "default translation" so in order to
    change a label one has to download and edit the apropriate file from
    http://dev-www.libreoffice.org/l10n/latest-pot/ (and convince the
    community that this are important changes)

2. Does anybody know why the label "File type:" (in the Save-Dialog) is
    only visible when the look'n feel is "gen" (=windows) or "kde4", but
    invisible with "gtk" or "gtk3"?

I know, question (2) is a little bit technical but since the focus
point is exactly that label...

----
(1) http://fossforce.com/2015/12/getting-libreoffice-write-thing/

--
*Akerbeltz <http://www.faclair.com/>*
Goireasan Gàidhlig air an lìon

*Tha Gàidhlig aig a' choimpiutair agad, siuthad, feuch e!*
Iomadh rud eadar prògraman oifis, brabhsairean, predictive texting,
geamannan is mòran a bharrachd. Tadhail oirnn aig www.iGàidhlig.net <http://www.iGaidhlig.net/>