В письме от 1 ноября 2015 21:42:12 пользователь Yousuf 'Jay' Philips написал:
Hi Lera and all,

Yes these have been my changes in order to reduce duplication of
translations, which is what <embed> and <embedvar> is used for.

With that particular example, we had 'ImageMap' as regular text in all
module main0102.xhp files, which meant that 'ImageMap' was being
translated 4 or more times, as the help page title is 'ImageMap Editor'.
So using <embedvar>, i eliminated having this duplication.

I dont see an issue that translators would need to place the translated
word for ImageMap in the necessary position. Example in Russian:

"Редактор <variable id=\"imagemap_part_title\">Сенсорного
изображения</variable>"
I see your point. But it seems not correct. In the title 'ImageMap Editor' the
Russian phrase for Imagemap has one form (case ending), while when it goes
without Editor, just ImageMap — then it will be in another form. See the
difference below:

Сенсорного изображения: Imagemap in Russian for ImageMap Editor
Сенсорное изображение:  Imagemap in Russian for just ImageMap

So there should be two different places for that phrase in Russian language.

Best regards,
Lera