with 5.1 help strings I see changes like this (this one is
hd_id3156150 from helpcontent2/source/text/writer.po):
old version in 5.0:
"<link href="text/shared/01/02220000.xhp" name="ImageMap">ImageMap</link>"
in 5.1 it gets changed to:
"<link href="text/shared/01/02220000.xhp"
name="ImageMap"><embedvar_href="text/shared/01/02220000.xhp#imagemap_part_title"/></link>"

In another help text string (hd_id3150502 in
/helpcontent2/source/text/shared/01.po) "ImageMap Editor"
got changed with 5.1 into:
"<variable id=\"imagemap_part_title\">ImageMap</variable> Editor">"

I guess the idea is that with the compilation of help files and the
build process of LO the second "ImageMap" string will get mapped into
the first string. Looks great for English source strings.

But ... some if not most languages, unlike English, have inflections
and/or do not use all-title-words capitalization, which makes this
help text programming for most of languages unusable and even
disrupting.

So, for such languages, what should l10n teams do when re-translating
these updated strings (again this is causing unneeded work for
translation teams, but I really do not want to go back there, I guess
l10n teams in this open-source project are doomed with it)?

Do we leave the "ImageMap Editor" in the first string translated as it
was in 5.0 (with just words and no additional xml tags), and also
leave the translations of strings where this part_title strings get
used as it was - without those part_titles, with plain translated
keywords? Or should we wait with localization as these strings will be
returned to their former state (and actually no new localization
effort is required)?

Thanks, m.