Hi Daniel,

2015.02.10 02:50, Daniel Espinosa wrote
I would like to start, with the help of translators in Mexico, LibreOffice
Nahuatl translation project. For this project:

Language Name: Nahuatl
ISO Code: nah
Microsoft ID: Not found.
Character Set: ISO/IEC 8859-1
Currency: MXP
Date Format: ISO 8601, DD/MM/YY, DD/MMM/YYYY
Numbers as for: es_MX
Plural form: nplurals=2; plural=(n != 1);

Language information:

A native language spoken in Mexico, with more than 28 variants. Country
official language is Spanish, then setup Pootle to show existing
translations in Spanish will help native translators to get work done.

First of all: welcome onboard!

As I can see, you have already registered yourself with Pootle. I've
granted your user (daniel.espinosa) administrator permissions on Nahuatl
(nah). I have also initialized LibreOffice 4.4 UI and Terminology
projects for your language on Pootle, so basically, you can start
working right away. But please read on. :)

It seems (and you wrote it yourself) that 'nah' is the code for a whole
bunch of languages, not a particular one. I don't know how different
they are, but if they are different enough to the level that treating
them as one and translating into "unified Nahuatl" doesn't make much
sense, perhaps you should use a different language code? For your
reference, there is a convenient list of languages with their ISO 639-3
codes in the sidebar here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nahuan_languages
. If you think that there is a better suitable code for your language,
please let me know before you start translating, so I can delete nah and
initialize a different language for you.

Once the language code question is resolved, here are some resources to
get you started:
- https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Translating_LibreOffice (our most
current Localization guide)
- https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/LibreOffice_Localization_Guide
(older Localization guide, mostly obsoleted by the page above)
Also pages linked from:
- https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Language
- https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Category:L10n

Finally, please add yourself and your team to the following Wiki page so
that others can find you easily:
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Language_Teams

Regards,
Rimas