В письме от 17 августа 2014 16:25:14 пользователь Robinson Tryon написал:
On Sun, Aug 17, 2014 at 2:05 PM, Lera Goncharuk

<lera.goncharuk@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi all,

Hi!

I translate an article in wiki TDF
(https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/ReleasePlan). There is the word «tag»
in the paragraph “Dates” of this article. Unfortunately, I don't
understand its meaning.
Quote:
“Tuesday - the tag is created on a commit that builds and passes unit-,
subsequent-, and smoke-tests; tag is announced on the devel and qa mailing
lists”
Could anybody explain me what this word mean, please?

Sure -- the tag is a marker that points to a specific revision of the
source code that we use to build the LibreOffice executables.

Every change that we make to the source code of LibreOffice goes into
a git version control repository as a "commit". When we build
LibreOffice, we pick a particular commit and build the code based on
that commit (and all of the commits/changes that precede it).

When we create a tag for a release, we're naming a particular commit
in the repository that we'll use to build the binaries for the release.

Does that all make sense?

Here's some more information about git and tagging:
http://git-scm.com/book/en/Git-Basics-Tagging

Best,
--R

Thank you.