[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[libreoffice-l10n] Re: [libreoffice-marketing] First day of SCALE 11x
- Subject: [libreoffice-l10n] Re: [libreoffice-marketing] First day of SCALE 11x
- From: Tom Davies <email@example.com>
- Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2013 19:39:31 +0000 (GMT)
- To: Petr Mladek <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Andras Timar <email@example.com>, Jan Holesovsky <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Michael Meeks <MMeeks@suse.com>, Thorsten Behrens <email@example.com>, LibreOffice-l10n <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Cc: Jean Weber <email@example.com>
A report back from the first day of Scale.
How many people say "Wow, in-built help!"?
The books are a "Wow factor" that adds to the glossy and professional image of LibreOffice.
> From: Jean Weber <firstname.lastname@example.org>
>Sent: Sunday, 24 February 2013, 17:51
>Subject: [libreoffice-marketing] First day of SCALE 11x
>Yesterday was the first day of our 2-day booth at SCALE 11x (Southern
>California Linux Expo). With only two people (J David Eisenberg and I)
>working the booth (10am-6pm), it was exhausting, but the feedback was
>great. Many people stopped to say "I love your product and use it all
>the time" and grab one of the I (heart) LibreOffice stickers. Some
>asked questions; a few had complaints, but the overall response was
>We handed out DVDs, flyers, stickers. We had a set of the v3.5 books;
>many people said, "Wow, real books!" Several wanted to buy them, but
>seemed happy when we told them where to get free PDFs or buy the
>printed copies. Most visitors to the booth were Linux users, not
>developers; some were finding out about Linux and open source software
>for the first time.
>Marc, we got a few photos, but not as wide a variety as you want.
>We'll try to get a few more today, but with the two of us busy talking
>with people all the time, it's difficult to take pix.
>More later. Almost time to start again. At least we get to quit at 4PM today.
>Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to email@example.com
>Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
>List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/marketing/
>All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/l10n/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
|Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Re: [libreoffice-marketing] First day of SCALE 11x||Sophie Gautier <email@example.com>|
- Prev by Date: [libreoffice-l10n] Re: [libreoffice-marketing] LibreOffice and The Document Foundation names in non-Latin languages
- Next by Date: Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Do translations from Pootle go to nighly builds?
- Previous by thread: [libreoffice-l10n] Re: [libreoffice-marketing] LibreOffice and The Document Foundation names in non-Latin languages
- Next by thread: Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Re: [libreoffice-marketing] First day of SCALE 11x