[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Improving the usage of help.libreoffice.org site
- Subject: Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Improving the usage of help.libreoffice.org site
- From: Donald Rogers <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2013 16:44:30 +1300
- To: Tom Davies <email@example.com>
- Cc: Christian Lohmaier <firstname.lastname@example.org>, LibreOffice-l10n <email@example.com>, "firstname.lastname@example.org" <email@example.com>
Thank you for your extensive explanation. Your comments on the "Getting Started Guide" are very helpful. Our team has never completed the help localization, even in earlier years (OOO) when we had a much bigger team. I doubt that we will ever catch up. 437219 words are a lot of words!
I have had another look at the Documentation page of the Wiki and the ODFAuthors page. It is not clear to me whether these relate only to the English documentation, or whether they include the localization of those documents. Localization seems to be not covered.
You know those items in the help that look like this?
<bookmark_value>formatting styles; styles and templates</bookmark_value>
<bookmark_value>styles; styles and templates</bookmark_value>
<bookmark_value>organizing; templates (guide)</bookmark_value>
<bookmark_value>templates; organizing (guide)</bookmark_value>
I guess that they are used to construct the help index. Is there any documentation on this? We seem to have to guess how the users might enter index terms. If, instead, we could have a full word search, like Google does, we would not need these bookmark_value elements, and that would save us a heap of time!
Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/l10n/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
|Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Improving the usage of help.libreoffice.org site||Tom Davies <email@example.com>|
- Prev by Date: Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Google Play Store - in need of translation
- Next by Date: Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Improving the usage of help.libreoffice.org site
- Previous by thread: Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Improving the usage of help.libreoffice.org site
- Next by thread: Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Improving the usage of help.libreoffice.org site