RE: [libreoffice-l10n] Maltese Translations

Ok I will forward this to Ramon the original creator of the extension, and see if he could put something together for us. Is there a particular format the file should be in in regards to the file extension and layout?

-----Original Message-----
From: Rimas Kudelis [mailto:rq@akl.lt]
Sent: Thursday, February 14, 2013 1:48 PM
To: l10n@global.libreoffice.org
Subject: Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Maltese Translations

Hi Jonathan,

2013.02.14 14:30, Jonathan Aquilina wrote:
> What would be necessary to convert to something of use for pootle

Well, basically, we need an English-Maltese dictionary, containing relevant terms only (because the more irrelevant words it contains, the less useful become the suggestions).

In fact, Pootle can generate such dictionary for you, but it needs existing translations to do that. There are also other tools, but they need input as well. If you have say KDE or Gnome or something else localized into Maltese, and you intend to use same terminology as that project (or these projects), that could be used as a basis for your compendium. Or you can start from scratch and create the dictionary manually. This path would require most of effort from you, but the final product would be of best quality.

Rimas