Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Missing translations on UI

Hi Martin, all,
On 05/02/2013 09:28, Martin Srebotnjak wrote:
> Yes, I can confirm these still in English, even on the Slovenian build :)
> And it's not just these buttons, what about the "Name" column in the
> same dialog - shouldn't the file types be translated as well?

I sent a mail last week about it but it seems it get lost. The right way
to mention such bugs we see as a stopper would be to file an issue and
mention it on the dev list. I didn't do it.
In my own personal opinion on the FR version, this is not a blocker
because this version will not be recommended for production, not made
available for average users, only for advanced ones. I'm not happy to
see these strings when I've done my work, and I think this is something
that should be and can be solved.

> A stopper, yes. If this was another "easy hack" coders that are
> remodeling dialogs should be more careful or should have someone above
> them checking that every transfer they make is a complete one. If this
> will not be a stopper and if the review system for this kind of easy
> hacks doesn't get sorted out we can be sure that these problems will
> only grow with further transfer of dialogs to the new type - so for
> 4.1 etc. we will have many, many unlocalizable strings in the gui. And
> they won't be a stopper. And it will look like we, the localizers,
> were lazy. And such software will have a problem to be used/adopted in
> public services in non-English communities.

So let sort the issue before 4.1. The 4.0 release will be announced
Thursday, it's a bit late to react now for this one.
Now, my opinion on this release cycle for l10n team:
- rc2 was announced the 25th, that was the only version containing the
full localization, freeze for rc3 was on the 28th --> only 3 days to
test everything and find/correct the bugs,
- rc3 was delayed and so we had even less time.

I think that we need more time to be able to check our translations and
solve where the issue is lying to be able to enhance our workflow.
I'm going to open the discussion with the developers on that topic.

To all, do you think that will help to solve our issue or is there
anything else we should discuss ?

Kind regards
Sophie