Hi, Jan,

no, your writing does not console me, I am afraid of solo actions of
documentation writers that might make changes that are not in favor of
the product (although some writer is personally enthusiastic about
them, just like you are about making English help editable in wiki).

If you imagine - copy pasting or moving some page here and there in
the wiki structure or changing wording here and there is an easy job
in the wiki, but for translators this could mean many empty strings in
Pootle of something that has been already almost fully translated. We
will be working like mad because of such small changes. Translated
help will never be 100% localized. LibreOffice will not be up to the
norms for adoption of software in government and civic institutions.

So I think it is great that it is currently hard to change help - a
technical writer must really be precise in the change she wants - and
this leads also to a very "localized" change also for localizers.
Also, help system is not so bad that it would need a total revamp. And
being translated in so many languages it would generate 100x the work
of a single writer's change.

So I will remain upset even though I do not want to. Changing the
concept of help is not just a question of help writers/editors and
Kendy, who developed the po<->wiki translation system, but it is a
joint question to be discussed and decided with the l10n community.

But it seems you do not want to talk about it with the l10n people.
Shouldn't such a change be discussed in the boards of TDF as it
affects so many language teams?

Lp, m.