[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Fwd: Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Calc Functions vs Excel Functions
- Subject: Re: Fwd: Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Calc Functions vs Excel Functions
- From: Michael Bauer <email@example.com>
- Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2012 19:57:48 +0000
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
12/12/2012 19:50, sgrìobh Olivier Hallot:
The way MS handles localization, there's NO functional translation memory involved and glossary compilation is usually back to front (talking from experience).
Hello,In my translation for pt-BR (2003), I mapped all Excel functions into
//Question for Documentation team:
I was translating Calc functions to Turkish, i was cross checking with
Microsoft Office then i had a suspect that YIELD and RECEIVED was
translated wrong in MS Office Turkish.
While searching the answer for the question "Should it be the same,
even if it is wrong?" i need to find a comparision list of Calc
Functions vs Excel functions but i could'nt find.
Calc functions. At that time I was not able to question if Excel
translation was good or not. What I can tell is that the translation
quality of Excel functions to pt-BR stinks, with accented letters, dots
and absolute lack of uniformity. The decision was to bring the poor
quality into Calc for the sake of interoperability (which is unfortunate).
I would try notifying someone who works on the MS localization if possible - but I would not recommend following an error in MS just because it's MS.
Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to email@example.com
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/l10n/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
|Fwd: Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Calc Functions vs Excel Functions||Olivier Hallot <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
- Prev by Date: [libreoffice-l10n] Localizing Calc functions
- Next by Date: [libreoffice-l10n] REMINDER: Release 184.108.40.206.beta2 from libreoffice-4-0 branch
- Previous by thread: Fwd: Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Calc Functions vs Excel Functions
- Next by thread: [libreoffice-l10n] Localizing Calc functions