[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Turkish translations for LibreOffice are now 100% completed in both UI and Help
- Subject: Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Turkish translations for LibreOffice are now 100% completed in both UI and Help
- From: Andras Timar <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Sat, 1 Dec 2012 21:41:57 +0100
- To: Zeki Bildirici <email@example.com>
- Cc: LibreOffice-l10n <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Sat, Dec 1, 2012 at 11:08 AM, Zeki Bildirici <email@example.com> wrote:
> Dear localizers,
> I am proud to announce we have just completed the Turkish translation
> of LibreOffice 3.6 series in both UI and Help files.
> When we have started the help was %38 level and it took nearly 6
> months of hard work.
> We have spotted some more tombalaks, and will uptade the related bug
> for the translation errors of the English source.
> And i want to spot two more issues,
> * There are thousand of duplicate strings, and thousands of Icon
> translations, i hope Pootle will have a great suggestion tool in
> future :)
> * I used English and German lang. for reference, the German
> translation is very outdated.
> Dear Andras,
> Could you help us to uptade the LibO 4.0 translations as previously
> you have said.
> But first of all we request you a "last" error check for errors and
> fatal errors, for pootle we have nearly 900 critical errors. Could you
> do it for us :)
> After fixing them, it will be better to update 4.0 translations.
First of all, congratulations!
I'll update Turkish 4.0 translations soon, and I'll let you know when
it's done. In regards of error checking, I'll send you the error log
as well, but I have even better news. Soon Pootle will have new
checks. Currently xmltags check compares en-US to target and report
all differences. It is not good. It is completely valid to reorder tag
pairs, add or remove tag pairs or self closing tags. New check will
check only one thing: is the target XML snippet valid? During tests it
gave only two false positives in the entire LibreOffice translation.
I'm looking forward to deploying it to production server. Build tools
now simply ignore invalid XML, en-US string will be put there. So you
can't break the build with faulty translations as it was the case with
early 3.6 releases and before.
Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/l10n/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
|[libreoffice-l10n] Turkish translations for LibreOffice are now 100% completed in both UI and Help||Zeki Bildirici <email@example.com>|
- Prev by Date: Re: [libreoffice-l10n] New XML .ui files and shortcut keys
- Next by Date: Re: [libreoffice-l10n] New templates on Pootle
- Previous by thread: [libreoffice-l10n] Turkish translations for LibreOffice are now 100% completed in both UI and Help
- Next by thread: [libreoffice-l10n] New XML .ui files and shortcut keys