[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[libreoffice-l10n] Re: Funding Wishlist
- Subject: [libreoffice-l10n] Re: Funding Wishlist
- From: Marc Paré <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2012 09:32:29 -0500
- To: LibO Mailing List Accessibility <email@example.com>, LibO Mailing List Design <firstname.lastname@example.org>, LibO Mailing List Developer <email@example.com>, LibO Mailing List Documentation <firstname.lastname@example.org>, LibO Mailing List Marketing <email@example.com>, LibO Mailing List Moderators <firstname.lastname@example.org>, LibO Mailing List QA <email@example.com>, LibO Mailing List Website <firstname.lastname@example.org>, LibO Mailing List l10n <email@example.com>, Florian Effenberger <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Just a reminder to your teams about this.
We are seriously looking at different teams' wishlists. Please do take a little time out of your busy schedule and speak to your teams about any funding for items that you think may be of importance to your team or the enhance the functioning of your team's work on the project. So far there are only the website and marketing teams who are working on some items. Feel free to ask if you have any questions regarding this. At this point, anything goes, as long as the requests are reasonable. We need these items for planning more effective funding drives as well as for budgeting. It would really help if your suggestions come along with approximate costs where possible.
Le 2012-10-13 16:45, Marc.Pare@LibreOffice.org a écrit :
In trying to better assess the TDF/LibreOffice funding requirements, we are compiling a wishlist of funding request particular to your team's needs. While there is no guarantee that this will get you funding for any particular item, it will help to better assess and prioritize the project's needs.
I have volunteered to take care of setting up, as well as, document (facilitate) the proposal from Florian (below)
"What we effectively need now is a (senseful) wishlist from the various teams. Think of it as a Christmas wishlist: You write a dozen things on it, eventually you get two or three, which is fantastic!
Besides the infrastructure and cost for ongoing operations, I can also imagine some developer machines are required, more travel funding, a marketing campaign, funds to produce collaterals and swags for giving them away, and many more.
My proposal is to create a wiki page, asking the various groups to write down their wishes, and eventually "distill" a wishlist out of that.
Does that sound senseful? Are there any volunteers for mailing the various lists and compiling an initial wiki page? " (Florian Effenberger)
I think the key words in Florian's proposal are "senseful-whishlist". If there are multiple items, you may want to prioritize them in the right order.
I have set up a wiki page to collect your team's list. Feel free to add these to the wiki page after discussing it with your team, or, I can also help out with collecting your suggestions by re-visiting this thread and then add them to the wiki page.
parEntreprise.com Supports OpenDocument Formats (ODF)
parEntreprise.com Supports http://www.LibreOffice.org
Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to email@example.com
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/l10n/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
|[libreoffice-l10n] Re: Funding Wishlist||Marc Paré <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
- Prev by Date: [libreoffice-l10n] Pootle is in maintence mode now
- Next by Date: [libreoffice-l10n] Re: [ANNOUNCE] string changes in LibreOffice 3.6.x
- Previous by thread: [libreoffice-l10n] Pootle is in maintence mode now
- Next by thread: [libreoffice-l10n] Re: Funding Wishlist