[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [libreoffice-l10n] [ANNOUNCE] Start of LibreOffice 4.0 translation
- Subject: Re: [libreoffice-l10n] [ANNOUNCE] Start of LibreOffice 4.0 translation
- From: Andras Timar <email@example.com>
- Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2012 09:08:22 +0100
- To: Zeki Bildirici <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Cc: LibreOffice-l10n <email@example.com>, Necdet Yücel <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Sat, Nov 17, 2012 at 1:06 AM, Zeki Bildirici <email@example.com> wrote:
> 2012/11/15 Andras Timar <firstname.lastname@example.org>:
> Hi Andras,
>> If all goes well, I'll upload LibreOffice 4.0 po files to Pootle this
>> weekend. I will migrate your LibreOffice 3.6 translations that I find
>> LibreOffice 4.0 is to be released in February, 2013, and it is still a
>> moving target from the localization point of view.
> Is it an urgent matter? We are working very hard to finish the full
> translation of LibreOffice to Turkish, we are on %96 on help content
> and there are only 18K words left. We need ~2 weeks to finish it.
> Having 2 branches doubles the work for untranslated work.
> I think it will be better to postpone it for everybody to prepare for
> the new branch.
I have a few reasons to do it now. New po/pot files will be generated
with help of new l10n tools in feature/killsdf branch. I want to merge
feature/killsdf before the feature freeze, which is in 2 weeks from
now. If there are problems with new l10n tools, we need to find them
as soon as possible. Also, many teams finished work on 3.6 long ago,
and want to start on 4.0. Beta1 usually comes with translations (Week
49, Dec 3 - Dec 9, 2012), and I'm sure, that people want to test it.
You can either leave 3.6 at 96% which is great and complete help
translation in 4.0, or you can finish 3.6 translations and I'll help
you to migrate your translations to 4.0. If you need 2 weeks to
complete, the your earlliest target could be 3.6.5 in Week 5, Jan 28 -
Feb 3, 2013, while 4.0.0 is due to Week 6, Feb 4 - Feb 10, 2013.
Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to email@example.com
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/l10n/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
|[libreoffice-l10n] [ANNOUNCE] Start of LibreOffice 4.0 translation||Andras Timar <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
|Re: [libreoffice-l10n] [ANNOUNCE] Start of LibreOffice 4.0 translation||Zeki Bildirici <email@example.com>|
- Prev by Date: Re: [libreoffice-l10n] [ANNOUNCE] Start of LibreOffice 4.0 translation
- Next by Date: [libreoffice-l10n] Terminology
- Previous by thread: Re: [libreoffice-l10n] [ANNOUNCE] Start of LibreOffice 4.0 translation
- Next by thread: [libreoffice-l10n] [ANN] LibreOffice 3.6.4 RC1 test builds available