Re: [libreoffice-l10n] [ANNOUNCE] Start of LibreOffice 4.0 translation

On Thu, Nov 15, 2012 at 11:53 PM, Andras Timar <timar74@gmail.com> wrote:

> > Perhaps fully cloning projects (with suggestions and other stuff) would
> be a
> > valid feature request for Pootle? :)
>

> Yes, it would. I wanted to clone last time, and I learned that it was
> not possible. But I forgot this feature request and did not mention it
> to Dwayne at LibOCon. I was convinced that maintaning two branches
> with suggestions may be a pain for most of the teams. I think about
> the stable branch as it is for fixing annoying translation bugs only,
> and the newer branch is for the real work. If a team could not finish
> 3.6.x translations by now, maybe it's time to go for 4.0 instead. So,
> I would not mind, if cloning was possible, but I would give higher
> priority to some other feature requests. What do others think?

I would ask anyway, but state it has lower priority for us. Worst case, it
will just be an item on their wish list.

And I think that after we finish with the 3.6.4 update, there's no point of
continuing translation that branch, and focus should be moved completely to
the 4.0 branch.

Kaplan