Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Pootle upgrade

Hi Andras,
On 07/11/2012 13:21, Andras Timar wrote:
> Hi Sophie,
> On Wed, Nov 7, 2012 at 12:46 PM, Sophie Gautier <gautier.sophie@gmail.com>wrote:
>> Could you give us a link where we can find more information about the
>> transformation from src to xml file format?
> If you are interested in details, it is documented in the wiki:
> http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/WidgetLayout
> However, this change will be transparent to translators. I remember when
> module cui was cut out of module svx back in OOo times, and suddenly all
> translators had a lot of untranslated dialogs, which were translated
> before. It would be better to avoid this situation, and migrate
> translations centrally. I have not tried to do that, but I will find out
> something.
Thanks a lot for your work on this. I'm confident that you'll find the
best for us. I'm also a curious girl who like to understand what's going
behind ;)
>> Also I've seen messages on the dev list that the wiki help will become
>> the primary help in the future, could you give us more information on
>> this or where we can find it, I would like to understand the process :)
>> Thanks in advance
> ... in the future, yes, that may never come, so I cannot tell anything else
> about this. It is still in planning phase. I will oppose any change that
> does not provide a smooth migration path to save our years of work that we
> have put into help translations. Ideally this process will be transparent
> to translators as well. I like the general concept of web based help, and I
> will help to make it happen. I'll inform this mailing list, when I know
> more.

Thanks. I'm not against a web based help too as long as we make the help
files available with the product. Most users (even in France) are not
allowed to access internet at their working place or have no access at
all. So again, I'm not against it, I just want both possibilities :)

Kind regards