Hi Andras, *,

On Sun, Nov 4, 2012 at 8:18 PM, Andras Timar <timar74@gmail.com> wrote:

During the LibreOffice Conference in Berlin quite a few Pootle feature
requests
were collected from translators. Together with Dwayne Bailey we went through
those, removed duplicates and assigned priority/difficulty values to them.

Unfortunately you don't give examples for the individual items..

I have been in the talk, so I can guess what is meant with
"Show activity of translators at a project level" but I'm not sure

What was mentioned in the talk was a translation history, i.e. a
history where you can see how a string was translated before, who did
change it/when it was changed/why it was changed.

Of course going through all items to find what changed between two
dates is quite a tough job, so the suggestion/wish was to have a
global changelog/translation history that would enable NL-Teams to
create a list of strings that did change between releases.

(I learned from the Japanese Team that they add this info to their
release notes, and to do that they have to keep track of the changes
manually - also it is easier for members to review the changes when
they can easily see what did change in the first place.)

I take the opportunity to spam you all with my personal vote :-)
(Filled out the form as well of course) - my personal favorite is the
glade-UI integration (although I'm not an active translator), but
Caolan's widget work is just starting (and btw. also a good starting
point for people without programming skills), and having a way to
associate the dialog files with the translations now would be easier
than to retrofit them later, not to mention it would be a cool feature
that also would (partly) solve the context problem. The per-level
(languge/project/file) history comes in as a close second :-)

ciao
Christian