[libreoffice-l10n] Re: [libreoffice-design] Testing LO Icons - translators needed!

Hi Kévin,

Am Donnerstag, 27. September 2012, 22:50:03 schrieb
Kévin PEIGNOT:
> Hy,
>
> I began french translation.

thanks for your translation efforts!

> I made everything except countries after B,
> I don't have time know, I will continue soon. There
are an AMAZING
> number of countries on this planet !

If your are translating countries please concentrate on
those where french is spoken and that have a different
name in french. For my german translation I did
concentrate on translations like Germany -> Deutschland
or Austria -> Österreich, as they are in a different
position in the alphabet.

I very happy about the number of translations already.
As the following studies will all use the same frame,
translations will only be needed for the icon related
terms - this will allow us to do studies in a really
huge number of languages!

> But very good work on this study, and on Userweave
it's a very very
> great platform ! I hope I will have time to help next
time to prepare
> the study.

Thanks! We already put a lot work into it - and the
remaining way is still sooo long :) - but the nice words
help us to stay motivated!

Cheers,
Björn

écrit :
> > Hi all,
> >
> > we (some guys from the LO-Design team) are currently
> > preparing a series of studies to have users judge
the
> > quality of the icons we use in LO.
> >
> > We would be very happy to publish these studies in
as
> > many languages as possible, as icons do have a
cultural
> > aspect to them, which we are also interested in.
> >
> > The preperation of the english version of the first
> > study has finished, so now we need your help in
> > translating the study!
> >
> > For any of the following languages translation is
easy:
&
> > German already exist)
> >
> > If you are interested in providing any other
language,
> > please mail me directly - we will have to do some
> > preperations for thoses (the platform does not
provide a
> > frame for other languages yet).
> >
> > For any available language you can simply do the
> > translation directly on the webinterface. To do so,
> > please first register as a member of our team:
> >
> > 1. Register on http://userweave.net (Please do not
mind
> > the ToS too much - these will be improoved together
> > with the FSFE)
> >
> > 2. Confirm your E-Mail Adress
> >
> > 3. Go to 'Public products' and find LibreOffice.
Click
> > it and choose the tab 'Team' and hit the button
'become
> > guest'
> >
> > 4. Send me a mail and I will approve you as a member
of
> > the team asap.
> >

> > To do the translation do the following:
> >
> > 1. Go to the LibreOffice Project on UserWeave
> >
> > 2. Click on Study - In Preperation - 201209_Icontest
> >
> > 3. Click on 'Configuration' in the tab bar (on the
very
> > right)
> >
> > 4. Click on languages (in the second tab-bar)
> >
> > 5. Click on 'Add language' on the bottom of the
section
> > 'Languages of study' and select the language you
want to
> > translate the study in. If your language is not
> > available, send me a mail.
> >
> > 6. Click on on the button 'Translate' to start
> > translating or improving an existing translation of
the
> > study.
> >

> > Some known issues / hints for translating:
> > - There is a tiring list of countries - only
translate
> > those that people speaking your language are likely
> > live in.
> > - To translate the icon terms, please use exactely
the
> > terms that LO translation is using.
> > - When you take a look at the translation, the terms
of
> > the icons might show up in the language of your
browser
> > locale - not in the selected language. That is a
known
> > bug and should not affect the study.
> >

> > We want to start the study possibly on sunday - so
not a
> > lot of time for localizations! If it is too short
for
> > your language - do not worry, we will do more of
these
> > studies and no effort will be wasted, so please
start

--
Dipl.-Psych. Björn Balazs
Business Management & Research

User Prompt GmbH | Psychologic IT Expertise
Grünberger Str. 49, 10245 Berlin | www.user-prompt.com
HRB 142277 | AG Berlin Charlottenburg | Geschäftsführer
Björn Balazs