Hi Valter,
On 22/08/2012 14:59, Valter Mura wrote:
2012/8/11 Sophie Gautier<gautier.sophie@gmail.com>

Hi Valter, all,

I'm opening a new thread reflecting better (I hope :) the discussion.

Hi Sophie,

sorry for the delay.

You're welcome and thanks for your feedback

[...]

Ok, I used Litmus once and this is my point of view.

- I think we need a (monthly) reminder and a QA mailing list to which
forward / send opinions and tests (I remember OpenOffice had)

Would you agree to use the projects@ list? There is actually a QA list
but I think that it would be better to stay focused on the manual and l10n
tests on a separate list. But well, this is my opinion, I don't know what
others think about it?

I agree. Either projects@ or qa@ list is good, perhaps better with
libreoffice domain and not freedesktop. Maybe somebody may want, or it is
necessary to have, a local mailing list (something like qa-xx@, xx=language
code), in this case more admins are needed :) to follow the list

We already have language lists on the language subsites, it's possible to have them along with the users@xx.libreoffice.org, etc, like qa@xx.libreoffice.org.

- A page on the wiki is also necessary, in order to facilitate
registration / access / login to the test system

There is a page here:
http://wiki.**documentfoundation.org/Litmus<http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Litmus>
and for the user
http://wiki.**documentfoundation.org/Litmus/**Litmus_User_Guide<http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Litmus/Litmus_User_Guide>
What do you think is missing/should be improved to be more welcome or
understandable?

No, the only thing to do is to localize the page and I'll ask on our list
to do so. Maybe we can move/clone these litmus pages inside the Libreoffice
site (well visible in the QA section)

May be you can open a new QA part on http://it.libreoffice.org/ and try to advertise QA from here?

- it is also very important to "localize" the test system, if not
already yet, to let local non-English users perform correctly the test

yes, this is a very important point to my eyes too. Litmus is old and not
maintained anymore so we have investigated (well I didn't follow what
happened in fact) another tool named MozTrap which is currently developed
by the Mozilla foundation for their own QA. See here for some explanations :
https://wiki.**documentfoundation.org/QA/**Testing/Regression_Tests#Full_*
*Regression_Test<https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/QA/Testing/Regression_Tests#Full_Regression_Test>

I gave a look to MozTrap and seems to be a valid alternative. Same story:
everything must be localized, both app and test case. For test case
translations, I think there will be no problems to upload everything in
Pootle and make it part of the translation process. After having made the
first translation effort, the other ones should be easier.

So for the moment the localization is not possible for Moztrap UI and will not be for some time. Yifan is working on a solution that will allow us to have the test localized inside the tool with a good presentation for the testers. I didn't test it yet but will do it through the week end.

Anyone interested in testing Moztrap should join, provide some tests in his language and give his feedback on the process. The more we are the better it will be for all of us. Please post on the QA@ or the Project@ list if you want to participate (the 'you' means yourself or some contributors of your language community), I'll monitor the list and will give my help where I can.

- Wiki shoukd be localized

yes, the purpose is to have a complete environment in our own language
that will help new comers to feel at home and those able to mentors them
too.

- QA mail list is very important to give it the importance it needs
(till now it seems to have been considered a second-order item of the
project, if I can say so), and to collect people for the purpose.

As you see since the beginning of this discussion, the difficulty I meet
is to be able to speak and go further with those who are in contact with
potential contributors in the language communities. I started on this list
but wanted also to ask on the website list for webmasters help.

Well, localization leaders/main contributors already read this list... :)

yes :)

@all: if you have any idea on how we could organize a communication
directed to those contributors, please don't hesitate to give me your
feedback and your ideas.

One thing we could do is, if you prepare a reminder message in English, we
can translate it so that you can append translations and send it the local
lists. A short reminder message, I mean, something like:

******
LibreOffice version XXXX is approaching, and needs your important help.

For those people interested in Quality Assurance and Test Case
contribution, please
download the latest RC version here: [address], install it, then

- login and perform Test Case in Litmus/MozTrap: [address]

Thank you for help the community!
*******

ok, no problem for sending the reminder on a regular base

A little incentive for the (best?) contributors could be some gadget: a
branded pen, t-shirt, mug, sticks or something like that.

that's a very good idea too

Another way to involve people could be the creation of LoCo Teams, as
Ubuntu does: http://loco.ubuntu.com/

Well this is what we tried to start with the subsites, the @xx.libreoffice.org lists and the projects@list for the global communication with the local communities. But as you see, for the moment, it's very difficult to get feedback from these communities and establish a good communication, adapted workflows, global strategies, etc... together. But I know it takes time to build all that :)

Kind regards
Sophie