Hi Leif,

Le 2012-08-11 14:24, leif a écrit :
Hi,
I don't see the local pages as translation of the English web page. I
see it as a local page based on the wiki.

I started working in a localized version months ago - based on the wiki.

The native websites also have procedures for proof reading etc. and
seven days is not at all enough.

I don't understand why we couldn't get (parts of) it at an earlier
stage. The code freeze is several weeks before so there are no surprises
lets say one month before. If we can asḱ the development team to update
the wiki page at an earlier stage - then the English web site team can
start working on the English website about one month before release -
but parts can be done long time before that.

Bur as I said: the wiki page should be the source - not the English web
page.

Cheers,
Leif Lodahl

The choice of basing the translation of either the wiki or web page is, of course, up to the native language teams. The question was mostly to the teams who would like to base their choice on the web page -- some of the teams may not have the time to learn SilverStripe and may find it easier to copy the html code directly into their pages and translate. Then we can all share in tweaking the pages and feedback. I am also hoping that this will free some time for the teams to put together localized images rather than have EN images as examples.

As for the code freeze and all, yes the vast majority of information is available from the wiki as of code freeze. I am not sure if we can push the dev team to complete it earlier -- that is something that would need to be asked.

Cheers,

Marc

--
Marc Paré