06/08/2012 11:14, sgrìobh Sophie Gautier:

The release has already been delayed for a week. You know that when this bug is very important for you, another one will be very important for me, and still another one for my neighbor, we could delayed it for weeks...
If the end product is better for it... yes? Surely there's a ... hierarchy of bugs in terms of the effect on the end user?

what would help to bring more people in ? tools, process, meetings ? how can we bring our community to help here, not only by meaning you investing more time (this is not my aim really :) but by having an attractive QA process ?
It's a very kind offer, much appreciated. But I'm afraid money will have to get involved (which is why it's taking time to set up). We all know, I'm sure, that out of a pool of X people, only a small % will participate. I once did some rough and ready numbers on the percentages (based on the number of contributors to the "big" projects like LO and Mozilla in countries of comparable technology levels) and it would appear that the ratio of people who are willing to spend serious amounts of time (for no money) on something like Open Source development is actually infinitesimal. Something about the human psyche I guess.

Which means that a language with less than 100,000 speakers is likely to rely on a single person for ALL their OS, including l10n. Anything above that, they're either getting paid or your dealing with a very odd locale. Scottish Gaelic has less than 60,000...

Michael