[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[libreoffice-l10n] Translation of LibreOffice 3.6 - Plan
- Subject: [libreoffice-l10n] Translation of LibreOffice 3.6 - Plan
- From: Andras Timar <email@example.com>
- Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2012 15:25:45 +0200
- To: LibreOffice-l10n <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Release of LibreOffice 3.6 is approaching, we need to start
translation. The amount of new or changed strings are low, compared to
LibreOffice 3.5 there are 388 in the UI and 148 in the help, 2671
words in total. Clearly, most of the work has been done under the
hood, not many new UI elements have been added, not to mention help.
On the other hand, many old, unused code lines were removed, so the
total wordcount of the whole suite is lower than ever. I think this is
good news from the localizers' point of view. :)
My plan is the following:
1. This weekend I pull 3.5 translations from Pootle for the 3.5.5 RC1 release.
2. Then I rename LibreOffice 3.5 projects in Pootle to LibreOffice 3.6
and update the files. At the same time I import LibreOffice 3.5
templates and translations to a new LibreOffice 3.5 project. This way
we migrate all history, suggestions and whatnot from 3.5 to 3.6. At
the same time these will not be available in the new 3.5 project, but
I don't think it is a big a problem. Please work on 3.6 translations
at the first place, and only backport bugfixes to 3.5, just like
3. LibreOffice 3.4 is dead, nobody plans to release anything from that
branch. It will be removed from Pootle.
Pootle will be down, when I do all these housekeeping tasks.
Please shout, if you disagree.
Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to email@example.com
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/l10n/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
|Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Translation of LibreOffice 3.6 - Plan||Chris Leonard <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
|Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Translation of LibreOffice 3.6 - Plan||Andika Triwidada <email@example.com>|
- Prev by Date: Re: [libreoffice-l10n] REMINDER: 3.6 feature freeze and 3.6.0-beta1 release
- Next by Date: Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Extensions page translation bug
- Previous by thread: [libreoffice-l10n] Extensions page translation bug
- Next by thread: Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Translation of LibreOffice 3.6 - Plan