Here I am, just having succumbed to the button flashing at me, telling me there's an update. Followed by a sigh because there's still no upgrade process. Nope, here I am downloading 202MB all over. Going through the whole rigmarole of installing again, making sure I choose Custom, not Standard and cursing for the nth time that it doesn't pick up on my personal data, no, it insists I'm called "Microsoft" ...

I realise it's only partly an l10n issue but last time I brought this up on the development list, if I remember rightly, I didn't exactly get a sensible answer. So, as a key part of this issue DOES impact on l10n (remember the number of *localizers* who comes to this list, baffled because they've installed their locale (or so they think) and all they get is English and because we're still saddled with this massive all-languages all-proofing tools file), I'll post the question here:

Has any progress been made on making the install less insane? l10n aside, I noticed that AOO has started in earnest so making LO as slick as possible is in everyone's interest I'd say.

Salude a trigu,

Michael