LibreOffice does not show any Japanese in the menus or pulldowns anymore.
Only squares wherever Japanese text would appear.

Japanese text within the documents are fine, just the menus and such are
wrecked, so I think it is probably the localization that is broken.  Can
somebody please help?

I have already deleted my .libreoffice file and even tried it in a brand
new account and it still does not work --- so that leads me to believe that
the problem is in the install on the system.

My LibreOffice version is:

LibreOffice 3.3.4
OOO330m19 (Build:401)
tag libreoffice-3.3.3.1, Ubuntu package 1:3.3.4-0ubuntu1

My OS is Linux Mint 11.

Thanks for reading.
Hoping to hear from you all.
^_^[?]