Hi Friedel,
 Thanks your your ideas! You are completely right that it is not the optimal solution in most
cases, and I don't recommend it in general (except perhaps for other languages where Apertium works
well, and with small translating communities prefering online translation, if any other language
matches this conditions).
 In our case:
a) Apertium is not enabled just now on the Pootle server (I think it was till some weeks ago).
b) In the case of Aragonese, I am coincidentally the main developer of the Apertium es-an pair.  I
took profit of the .po files to include new terms in Apertium dictionaries, commiting changes to
the Apertium svn, but those changes will not be available immediately in the Apertium web service,
so I can take profit to improve the translator and use the most recent version to improve the total
translation, letting it available for the comunity.
c) My idea to overcome problems with changes in English strings is to repeat periodically the
process: 1-download the .zip files from pootle, 2-retranslate fuzzy and unstranslated strings with
the very last version of apertium mt and 3 -upload the files with the new translations (which
affect all fuzzy strings regardless of the cause for its fuzzyness), repeating this process
periodically, especially when big changes in English strings or big improvement in Apertium occurs.

I think this can work in our case, but I may be forgotting something.

  thanks!
Juan Pablo

Is Apertium enabled on the Pootle server? I think it would be best for
people to use Apertium and immediately review, rather than leaving the
translations fuzzy in the files. If the English changes for some reason,
or TM matching provides fuzzy suggestions in other places, later on
reviewers might not know why something is fuzzy.

Just an idea :-)

(Apertium is also usable from inside Virtaal for the users who prefer
offline work.)

Friedel