Hello,

2011.12.30 16:43, Cheng-Chia Tseng rašė:
I am the translator of Chinese (Taiwan).

Today, Adylbek, a man lived in Xinjiang, China, contacted me to help
LibreOffice Kyrgyz language support.
He does not speak English well, so I help him to post here.

Kyrgyz language code in ISO 639-1 is "ky".
Kyrgyz language has two forms of writing styles now, one is Cyrillic
script, the other is Arabic alphabet.

Kyrgyz people lived in Xinjiang, China uses the traditional writing
style, Arabic alphabet.
Kyrgyz people lived in Kyrgyz Republic, uses Cyrillic script instead
of Arabic alphabet since 1940 due to general Soviet policy.

So how can we help Kyrgyz people lived in Xinjiang to have their
localized version of LibreOffice?
I don't know what the appropriate language code for them. Maybe ky-CN?

If they want to get supported, do they need to provide other information?

I guess the correct codes would be ky-Cyrl and ky-Arab, but since LibO doesn't support BCP47 codes yet, I guess we'll have to use ky-KG and ky-CN instead...

Perhaps the easiest way to start localizing LibO is to use Pootle (https://translations.documentfoundation.org/). I (or anyone else with admin rights) can bootstrap ky-CN there. Should we do that?

Regarding other information: if Adylbek decides to start localizing LibO, it would be nice to have him listed in our wiki as language maintainer for ky-CN: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Language_Teams .

Regards,

Rimas