On 17/12/2011, at 11:16 AM, Olav Dahlum wrote:

On 16/12/11 21:00, Donald Rogers wrote:
Thanks, Andras

You said in the bug page (below): It happens when you use LibreOffice in other language than
your system locale.
I always have that situation, and probably most Esperanto speakers would have another language
that they use.

I don't understand what you mean by "select the KeyID language...". I don't know what po-file
the strings mentioned are in, so I don't know the KeyID. In the drop down list of the search
field in Pootle there is an option "Locations". Is that where to put (a) known KeyID(s)?

On the matter of searching for a particular string, I found that searching for "Open..." is
problematic because the search program trims the dots off and one cannot specify entire words
only, so I got openoffice, OpenGL etc - too many hits. Where is the place to propose an
enhancement of this type? Do you think that it would be useful?

Regards
Donald

In many cases downloading the tree and parsing it with tools like grep
or similar might be easier.
You also benefit from having a offline compendium for later use, built
from both recent and older
translations. I previously used KBabel, and now its replacement
Lokalize, for offline work. Much
more manageable than translating in Pootle IMHO. I still do the easier
bits directly in Pootle.
E.g Andras updates the files in Pootle, so I don't have to work as I did
in the past, leaving
me more time to translate.

– Olav

Hi

I have used KBabel and Lokalize previously too. I currently use gtranslator and download files for
editing. The big advantage of all these tools is that if the string, or a very similar one, has
been translated before (which is often the case), it pops up in the translation memory field and
pressing a Ctrl key combination will copy it into the msgstr.

Thanks to all those who have commented.

Donald