Valid styles for use in a Documentation Project Document (Oliver Hallot)

Background Notes:

I have seen bouncing messages, so be warned about that, perhaps copy me directly if I do not reply.

I told Olivier Hallot that I would automate finding problems in existing Documents and I am currently looking at fixing problems related to Styles. The intent is to automate (as much as possible) a currently laborous manual process of preparing documents for export to HTML.

I am aware (by inspection) of some styles, for example, I know that a Figure should be anchored as a character to a paragraph with style Figure and its caption should be of style Caption. Paragraph styles in Tables tables should be "Table Contents" and "Table Heading" except when the table is used to position things (such as figures).

As a first step towards GUESSING, which styles should be considered properly used in a document, I need to have a list of styles that are considered "valid" in a document that we produce.

I wrote a Macro that inspects styles to see what styles are in a document. I randomly chose WG7202-WorkingWithTextBasics.odt

I see the following number of styles:

30 CharacterStyles
139 ParagraphStyles
11 PageStyles
7 FrameStyles
17 NumberingStyles
18 TableStyles
288 CellStyles

Oliver did not mention Cell Styles or Page Styles, so I will ignore those entirely. But there qare a bunch of Cell Styles (288) and Paragraph Styles  (139) in this document.

After I understand what styles types are of interest, I can document those and isolate them in my macros so that I can flag unexpected styles and we can set them to something that we want. I will automate this process if possible.

Do I care about Character styles. In a perfect world, I will not worry about all of the styles? For Character Styles, however, this is a list ordered by IsUserDefined, IsInUse, and finally by DisplayName.

Name
IsUserDefined
IsInUse
Keystroke