Base - BG7303 - Linking to Databases - First Review

Hi - I am checking out BG7307 for first review. The ETC is on 29-Jan-2022.

Thank you

-Dev

Hi - I am checking in after first review with review comments. The
status sheet is also updated.

Thank you

-Dev

Hello everybody,

I have processed the comments on Chapter 7 (Linking to Databases) and returned the updated document to the Work in Progress folder. The new file is called BG7307-LinkingToDatabases_SF_VN_30Jan2022.odt and it is ready for 2nd review if anybody is available.

A few matters arising:

1. Dev has noted that several figures in Chapter 7 would benefit from
    being anglicized. As mentioned in an earlier email, this is a
    recurring theme throughout many chapters and my recommendation is
    that we do such updates at a later issue, when we have time to
    thoroughly review and update affected chapters.
2. The section entitled "Importing PDF records" refers to a footnote
    that mentions a sample database called
    "Example_PDFFormular_Import.odb". Does anybody know if a copy of
    this exists - it doesn't appear to be in the same ZIP file as the
    other sample databases.
3. The Note after Figure 19 mentions a bug in the Mail Merge Wizard.
    Does anybody know if this bug still exists and, if so, what is the
    number of this bug?
4. As far as I am aware, the books do not normally contain hyperlinked
    cross-references to other books or to other chapters in the same
    book. Is that everybody else's understanding?
5. It has been suggested that in sections of code we could disable
    spell checking by selecting the code and clicking Tools > Language >
    For Selection > None. Is anybody aware of any issues that might
    arise if we do this?

Regards,

Steve