[libreoffice-l10n] Re: [libreoffice-documentation]

Saludos,

Tenéis que visitar el sitio español de LibreOffice:
<http://es.libreoffice.org>

La documentación queda aquí:
<http://es.libreoffice.org/recibe-ayuda/documentacion/>

Sveinn í Felli

Þann mið 5.nóv 2014 00:24, skrifaði Tom Davies:

Hi :slight_smile:
I'm sending this to the "international translators" mailing-list in the
hope they might be able to give better support, by sending you in the right
direction.

I did a quick translation using an MT and got a slightly odd result at the
beginning but it starts to make more sense about half-way through the 2nd
sentence.
"Hello, I wear contact pcs. To find out if there are any links to official
Spanish tutorials to download. The Municipal classrooms for over 65 years,
own the city of Madrid include libreoffice package and we would like to
give users access to tutorials on the suit.

Quite entertaining translation :wink:

I think he should be directed to <http://es.libreoffice.org/recibe-ayuda/documentacion/> or maybe just <http://es.libreoffice.org> for information in Spanish.

Sveinn í Felli

Hi :slight_smile:
+1 :))
I think it proves the point about MTs! :wink:

I've never seen anyone wearing a desktop computer! With watches and
glasses and things that are appearing nowadays i'm not sure how bad things
would get if i took what the MT gave and tried to make sense of it. Humans
are definitely an important part of the process - we make mistakes too but
probably less bizarre or misleading (nor so frequently).

Regards from
Tom :slight_smile:

What it says is "I'm putting myself in contact with you." The verb /pongo/ means "I am putting" but can also mean "I am wearing," so that part's understandable. But the "pcs." part has me puzzled. "Uds." is a standard abbreviation for /ustedes/ (polite 2nd person plural pronoun.) Anybody have any guesses?

Alan

Þann mið 5.nóv 2014 16:43, skrifaði Alan Cook:

What it says is "I'm putting myself in contact with you." The verb
/pongo/ means "I am putting" but can also mean "I am wearing," so that
part's understandable. But the "pcs." part has me puzzled. "Uds." is a
standard abbreviation for /ustedes/ (polite 2nd person plural pronoun.)
Anybody have any guesses?

"Uds" stands there for for "ustedes", but I think that in other context it can stand for "unidades" (en: units) thus the "pcs" abbreviation (en: pieces).
Good example on the difficulties faced by automatic translation.

Sveinn