Proof reading

Hi people,
I'd like to get involved.
I'm no coder but I can proof read.

Hope I can help.

Cheers

Gordon

First thing is to get you an ODFAuthors account :slight_smile:

@List - can someone do this for Gordon?

While that is going on - you can review this site:
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation/Development. Thanks
for offering to help! We surely can use it.

Best,
Joel

P.S. Not to try to poach you, but depending on how much time you have,
we could surely use you over on QA also (no technical skills required).
If you're interested, let me know :-b

Hi Joel,

[...]

P.S. Not to try to poach you, but depending on how much time you have,
we could surely use you over on QA also (no technical skills required).
If you're interested, let me know :-b

I think almost all documentation workers and translators do QA because they check how it works in real life. :wink: And then they get the bugs and announce them.

Great point! Perhaps something on the documentation page about properly
reporting when they come across issues. Is this already around?

Best,
Joel

Hi Gordon and welcome!

Hi people,
I'd like to get involved.
I'm no coder but I can proof read.

There is several things that you can proof read:
- the FAQ
- the users guides
- the annual report

We also need people to work on the help of the product.

depending on what you want to do, you'll need different accounts.
Let us know what you prefer and we will help you in your way to it!

Kind regards
Sophie

Hi Joel,

Hi Joel,

[...]

P.S. Not to try to poach you, but depending on how much time you have,
we could surely use you over on QA also (no technical skills required).
If you're interested, let me know :-b

I think almost all documentation workers and translators do QA because
they check how it works in real life. :wink: And then they get the bugs
and announce them.

Great point! Perhaps something on the documentation page about properly
reporting when they come across issues. Is this already around?

I don't think it's needed on the doc area, it's already on the QA pages.
Same for translators.

Cheers
Sophie

Hi Klaus-Jürgen,

Hi Joel,

[...]

P.S. Not to try to poach you, but depending on how much time you have,
we could surely use you over on QA also (no technical skills required).
If you're interested, let me know :-b

I think almost all documentation workers and translators do QA because
they check how it works in real life. :wink: And then they get the bugs and
announce them.

Yes, and I hope that one day we will have a tool to help us manage these
tests and have more people to help :slight_smile:

Cheers
Sophie

Hi Gordon,

thanks for volunteering.
​
I created the account for you on ODFAuthors.org.

You should have received an email with the link to set the password.
Please try it - and if something doesn't work, let the list know. :slight_smile:

Thanks.
/Sigrid